CHAPTER BOARD PROFILE:
2017 BOARD PRESIDENT
Robert (Rob) Habich is the 2017 President of the NAIOP Wisconsin Board of Directors. He is the 14th Board President of the Wisconsin Chapter and began his term on January 1. Rob is a commercial real estate attorney with the Milwaukee office of Davis & Kuelthau.
What do you like most about working in commercial real estate development?
My favorite part of my job is helping people to find solutions to get deals done. I love working behind the scenes to help my clients develop Milwaukee and other communities. I can see the results of our hard work. It is also the people involved in the Wisconsin real estate development community. I’ve been fortunate to become good friends with many of my clients. In addition to getting to work and interact with people I enjoy spending time with, I really enjoy helping my friends to be successful.
I was impressed with the membership of the organization, and continue to be so today. NAIOP members are the top commercial real estate
professionals. They are key leaders in putting projects together, changing our landscape, and leading the industry on issues such as public policy and community involvement.
What do you like most about being involved with NAIOP Wisconsin?
I find it personally and professionally rewarding to work to advance our industry’s and community’s interests as a leader of NAIOP. The long-lasting relationships that I have developed as a result of my work and involvement with NAIOP make it a pleasure to help lead the organization.
What are your top goals for NAIOP Wisconsin in 2017?
We recently had a successful strategic planning effort that helps chart the Chapter’s future. We have the right people serving in several key roles in the Chapter to use this strategic plan to really build on the impressive achievements of the previous leaders of our Chapter. My focus will be on growing our principal membership, capitalizing on our advocacy efforts to advance pro-development public policy and ensuring the long-term sustainability of the Chapter.
Rob and his wife, Kristin, have two children and a dog and reside in Elm Grove. In his free time, Rob enjoys cooking and running in endurance events (slowly).
Learn more about Rob’s practice at http://dkattorneys.com/roberthabich/.
Rob Habich’s Pick 5
- What is your favorite travel destination? With two young children, anywhere with warm weather, cold beer and access to a pool is great. My favorite recent trip was travelling with my extended family to stay on Pacific Beach in San Diego.
- What is the last book you read? The last book I’ll admit to reading was A Man in Full by Tom Wolfe, which was recommended to me by another real estate attorney in town and tells the story of a real estate developer that is facing financial ruin. As an avid reader, you would find my Kindle full of over 500 books in a variety of genres and of varying intellectual quality.
- If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or not, who would it be? It would pretty hard to pass up dinner with Jesus Christ. Even leaving aside the religious implications, I can’t think of a person that has played a greater role in shaping our world.
- What is playing on your ipod now? A mixture of whatever I’ve heard lately on 88Nine Radio Milwaukee and some upbeat hip-hop/pop to get me through a tough workout.
- Blue or black ink? Blue – how else are you going to be sure it’s an original signature.